WISDOM AND NATURE 2020
WISDOM AND NATURE 2020
Thank you for visiting Wisdom and Nature’s online auction. This fundraising exhibition brings together a unique collection of artworks that reveal experiences and perceptions of interconnectivity, the beauty of our planet and the wisdom of its people.
All proceeds raised through the sale of these works will support the realisation of locally-run educational projects designed to preserve culture and knowledge among indigenous communities, educational films presenting pragmatic perspectives from ancestral traditions on issues we face in society, community-led, interconnected solutions emerging from the Holistic Visions Symposium, among other projects designed to bridge the know-how of modernity with the wisdom of ancestral traditions. Find out more about these initiatives in the exhibition catalogue.
Please have a look at the auction items or donation options available to help us raise critical funds for our cause. To read more about the work of Le Ciel Foundation please visit: lecielfoundation.com.
The exhibition opened at Christie’s in New York from 28th February until 4th March 2020. Due to the Coronavirus, the London showing has been postponed indefinitely. We will keep you updated on the new dates as soon as we know more.
With thanks to all the incredible artists, galleries, sponsors, committee members, ambassadors, patrons and friends who co-created this exhibition and are by our sides to make it a huge success.
How To Bid and Donate:
* Review the artworks in the online catalogue for Wisdom and Nature 2020. You can also click on image to see a clip of the artwork.
* On this page, scroll down and enter your details into the below form
* Make sure to read the Conditions of Sale at the bottom of this page
* The current highest bid will be updated regularly on this page. If you are outbid, Le Ciel Fondation will contact you so that you can bid again.
* Make a donation to support Le Ciel Foundation here.
If you have any questions, please contact Jessie Balfour-Lynn- jessie@lecielfoundation or 0044 7799 636 786.
Dominic Lam and Fabrizio Giacomelli
LOT REFERENCE : 14
ESTIMATE : £ 8,000 ($10,253)
LOT REFERENCE : 17
ESTIMATE : £ 5,000 ($6,410)
Temple Jewels Ibiza
LOT REFERENCE : 54
ESTIMATE : £ 4,000 ($5,126)
PLACE YOUR BID HERE
Conditions of Sale
- The lots offered in this sale will be sold with proceeds going to Le Ciel Foundation, registered with the UK Charity Commissioners under the number 1881658.
- The reserve price for each artwork is 91% its estimated value.
- All lots are generously donated by the artists to be auctioned for the benefit of the Le Ciel Foundation charity and its projects. Bidding on a lot is equivalent to making a donation to Le Ciel Foundation. For this reason, if you are a USA or Canadian citizen and want a tax deduction, you can process your payment through CAF America or CAF Canada. If you are a UK citizen you can get direct tax relief through Gift Aid. Please mention to our team when contacted after a winning bid, that you want your donation to be tax deductible so that we can ensure the correct process is in place.
- Lots are sold at the hammer price. Neither shipping, delivery costs or administration fees for donations by CAF are included in the price. Artworks will be shipped from London where the final auction will take place.
- This bidding form is legally binding.
- Le Ciel Foundation will not accept any cancellations from bidders and buyers and will not refund any amounts paid in respect of the lots.
- Lots are to be paid for in full on the night of the sale at the Payment Desk. Absentee and online winning bids are to be paid for in full within 4 days of the Auction night.
- For absentee (paper) and online bids, indicate your maximum limit for each lot. Your bid will be executed at the lowest price taking into account the reserve and other bidders.
- By bidding at the auction, whether in person, through an agent, commission bid or otherwise, the buyer of property is deemed to have read, understood, accepted and agreed to the Conditions of Sale as stated in the catalogue and bidding slip.
- The highest and last bidder shall be the buyer at the hammer price at which time a contract of sale and purchase will be formed between the highest bidder and Le Ciel Foundation or CAF. The buyer will then sign a confirmation of purchase of the lot, assume all risks and responsibilities of the lot and be obliged to pay the full purchase price as a charitable contribution to Le Ciel Foundation or CAF, providing their name and permanent address.
- Payment can be in credit card or cheque made payable to Le Ciel Foundation. A surcharge of 1.2% + £ 0.20 for EU Visa and MasterCard transactions will be taken on all payments processed online. A surcharge of 2.9% + £ 0.20 for Non EU and American Express transactions will be taken on all payments processed online. A surcharge of 1.69% will be taken on all payments made through the card reader on the night.
- CAF America will apply an administrative fee to each purchase that will be deducted from the purchase price as follows; Administration Fees (charged per gift): $0-$15,000*: 3% $15,001-$100,000: 5% The next $200,000: 3% Over $300,000: 1%
- Catalogue illustrations are for guidance only. All property is sold as is with all faults and imperfections and errors of description. In no event shall Christie’s, CAF or Le Ciel Foundation be responsible for the condition of the property or the correctness of any description of property.
- The Lots can either be collected in person from Christie’s London after the live auction or the Lots can be submitted to the buyers from a 3rd party storage facility in London following the close of the exhibition. Shipping costs shall be paid directly to the chosen transport company by the buyer. The Buyer will not acquire title to the Lot until amounts due to Le Ciel Foundation have been paid in full directly or through CAF. From the time of collection, the Lot will be entirely at the Buyer’s risk.
- CAF America will not accept any cancellations from the buyers and CAF America will not refund any amounts paid in respect of the lots.
- CAF America is required to confirm donor identity in accordance with anti-money laundering regulations and best practice recommendations. CAF America does not distribute, sell or otherwise release any donor information for any reason unless required by law. CAF America does not add donor information to internal mailing lists without express permission.